Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So what's with the "without a cause" bit?*

Right now, I'm in my early 30s. I'm a pretty lucky guy. I found love and a career early in life. I spent my 20s mostly deepening that, with a bit of a detour through law school. I also have spent some studying with and being mentored by witches, root doctors and other assorted practitioners of the magical arts.

As I look at my life, I feel grateful for what I have. Based on the blogs, forums and books that I read, it often seems that people are working magic for love or a better job. But I'm content with those areas of my life. I'm not claiming to be perfect in either arena, but those are pretty solid.

And yet, I also feel restless. What is next in my life professionally and personally? Creatively? Where am I taking my magic? I have an unscratched itch and worse yet, I don't know even know where to scratch.

So I'm going to try to answer those questions and try to find a cause. Expect some posts here about magical theory (if I may be so bold to call my ideas and observations), Paganism, relationships, personal finance, health and my creative pursuits (such as they are).

My friend Donald once asked "are you willing to be willing?" Right now, I'm not sure where I'm going, but I'm willing to be open to new directions.

(*besided the pun on Rebel Without a Cause)

No comments:

Post a Comment